Preparation time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: None, Yield: 2 cups
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 jars (8 ounces) pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
Chop garlic in food processor. Add olives and purée until a paste forms. Slowly drizzle in olive oil to make a smooth dip.
Place olive mixture in a bowl and stir in bell peppers, basil, and capers.
Serve with crusty bread or on top of pasta or fish, meat or poultry. Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil on top before serving.