Preparation time: 30 minutes, Cooking time: 30-35 minutes, Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin-pie filling
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice, or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pecan halves, to decorate
Combine flour and butter in a mixing bowl, cutting the pieces of butter into smaller pieces, about the size of a pea. Dissolve the salt in the cold water. Add the cold water to the flour and butter, and mix just enough to form a dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll dough out on a floured surface to fit a 9" round pie dish.
Preheat oven to 400°F on Convection Bake™. Combine all filling ingredients until well blended. Pour filling in pie crust. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Spread on top of pie. Decorate top with pecan halves. Bake for an additional 10 minutes at 350°F on Convection Bake™.