Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 10-15 minutes, Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 pound spicy or mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, (1/2 cup breadcrumbs for rolling)
- 1 cup finely grated fresh Romano cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Set aside to cool.
Combine sausage, beef, cheese, eggs, parsley, one cup of breadcrumbs, and the onion mixture together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix well. Roll into 1 1/2" balls.
Roll balls in breadcrumbs to coat. Brown the meatballs in a frying pan or place in the oven about 15 minutes until browned.
Add the meatballs to pasta sauce.