Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large pork tenderloin (about 1/ 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, homemade, or low-salt canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup small green seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded arugula
Trim the pork tenderloin of most of the fat and silverskin, before cutting crosswise into 1-inch-thick medallions.
Preheat the oven to its lowest setting. Heat the butter and oil in a large, heavy skillet. Sprinkle the medallions with the salt and pepper. Arrange the medallions in a single layer in the skillet and cook them over high heat for about 2 1/2 minutes on each side, or until lightly pink inside. Transfer the medallions to a plate and keep warm in the oven.
Add the pomegranate juice and chicken stock to the skillet, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the ketchup, grapes, and cherries or cranberries and mix well. Boil for about 1 minute, or until the sauce is smooth and slightly thickened.
Arrange the medallions on four warm plates, coat with the sauce and grapes, and sprinkle with the shredded arugula. Serve.