from Le Cordon Bleu
Grill indoors or outdoors!
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 small bunch cilantro (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 chicken drum sticks
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
In a blender, food processor or mortar and pestle combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Blend or grind into a smooth paste. Transfer the paste to a mixing bowl or zipper lock plastic bag and add the chicken. Toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
Wipe any excess marinade from the chicken and grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Serve warm.