Preparation time: 20 minutes, Cooking time: 40-45 minutes, Yield: 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, small diced
- 3 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 12 no-bake lasagna noodles (8-ounce package)
- 2 (10-ounce) bags baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, fine julienne
- 2 (15-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven according to the attached chart.
In large stockpot, melt butter. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk. If you add the milk too fast, lumps will form. Turn up the heat until it reaches a boil then turn down to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes or until it no longer has a flour taste and has thickened to sauce consistency. Add Parmesan cheese, salt, and dried red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Spray a 13 x 9 x 2” pan with nonstick spray. Place 1 cup of sauce in bottom of pan. Place 3 noodles to cover sauce. Layer 1/4 of the spinach on top of the pasta. Then add 1/4 of the carrots on top of the spinach. Add 1/4 of the artichokes on top of the carrots. Place 1 cup of sauce over artichokes. Repeat this process starting with the pasta 2 more times, ending with the pasta. Add the last layer of sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil. Place in the oven and cook according to the chart.
||40 min covered in foil. 10 min uncovered.
||40-45 min covered in foil. 10 min uncovered.