Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes, Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 4 fried won ton skins, 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor. Turn on and slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil to emulsify, then add sesame oil. Stir in the sesame seeds and put aside.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place chicken in boiling water and cook until white all the way through, about 10 minutes. Take out and cool. Shred chicken with a fork.
Place romaine or iceberg lettuce in a large salad bowl and toss gently with dressing. Layer Napa cabbage, and purple cabbage on top, then carrots and shredded chicken. Sprinkle with cashews and almonds, and top with fried won tons and cilantro.
Serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.