Steamed Pesto Egg Cups
Cooktime: 12-15 minutes
Rack Position: High Rack
12 Whole Eggs
1 cup prepared Pesto Sauce
¼ - ½ cup cream
¼ cup Shredded White Cheddar
Butter, for ramekins
Salt and pepper
1. Set up the steam oven according to the instructions from the use and care guide.
2. Butter 12 ramekins. Divide the pesto among the ramekins and set aside.
3. Working with one egg at a time, crack egg into a small bowl and season with salt
and pepper, carefully layer beaten egg on top of the pesto and cover the egg with
about 1 teaspoon of the cream and a pinch of the white cheddar cheese. Repeat
with the remaining eggs.
4. Place 6 of the ramekins into the large perforated steam pan and the additional 6
ramekins onto the non perforated steam pan. Place the pans into the steam oven
and steam for 12-15 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the egg cups from the oven and serve on English muffins or
butter lettuce cups. Garnish with fresh basil or slivered green onions.